Sunday, January 17, 2010



So, it has been awhile since I've posted - I would love to tell you that is because I have been so busy getting things done for our adoption, but sadly no. We are only waiting on fingerprints from the FBI to come back, and then we will be done with the paperwork and be put on the referral list to wait for a name and picture! Somehow, while I know that it will be equally hard to wait month after month to get a referral, at this time it seems preferable to waiting for fingerprints to come back. Anyways, yesterday I took Hannah to get her hair cut (it turned out so cute!!!) and we were talking to the stylist about our little girl in Ethiopia. I said that when she comes home I will have two boys and two girls - perfect! Noah responded that it will not be fair - he will only have one brother and two sisters, and he wants two and two. Then I said (jokingly I think!) that maybe we will have to go back for a little brother. after thinking about that for a minute, he told me that it still would not be fair, because Hannah would not have two sisters, maybe we should go back for another girl too. So, Noah has our child count up to 6 - which while terrifying (and highly improbable, especially due to monetary considerations), would be very poetic seeing as the blog name is our journey to 6, and that after marrying Eric I thought that 6 six would be just right. I guess we will see what God has in store for us!
On another note, my so thoughtful husband surprised me last night with a plane ticket to go see my forever friend, Kim, in atlanta next weekend. She has been there for 3 years, and while she has visited here I have never been there! So excited - especially because I am going by myself. While talking to Gini last night - I was reminded what that means - I get to fly on a plane by myself. No bag full of snacks, toys, and distractions. No worrying about if they will be loud, or if their ears will hurt. Now do not get me wrong - I love my little bugs. But 2.5 hours on a plane by myself - I am smiling just thinking about it! So, if you think about it, please pray for Eric next weekend. He is used to having the kids for the weekend when I go to work, but I am here in the morning and the evening, and this will be the first time I am leaving overnight and not taking the kids. I know that he will do incredibly well - but prayer never hurts!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

how sweet of eric!

we were just at the airport last night to see our friends come home with their baby from Ethiopia and it made me sooooo ready to get a move on! i totally agree... being on the wait list sounds so much better than waiting to be on the list! right now it feels like we're stagnant! we're not working toward anything! at least when we're on the list, we'll be moving a little each month!

Becca Harley said...

oh, how fun to have friends that live close to you who are doing the same thing! We are so blessed to have gini and jason at the same place we are! I forget - where do you live? and are you getting a girl or boy?!