Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankfulness - Gratefulness

I got the idea for this blog from another adoption blog that I follow - a place called simplicity (amazing story and such beautiful children!). I believe, especially in the place where I am right now) that thankfulness is a choice. Not much about my human nature says "instead of thinking about the negative, think about the positive!" So I am making the choice to be thankful. I am aware that for me, it will be a daily choice, and that I will backslide at times, but if I can run three miles a day during nap time, by golly I can be thankful! I am going to just list the things that I am thankful for, every day, even if they seem silly or ridiculous:). Please feel free to join me - I would love to hear what you are thankful for! I will limit myself to 20 things a day (so that I do not run out any time soon:).
I am thankful for:
comfy sweatshirts (the bigger the better)
fuzzy socks (in crazy colors)
chocolate chip cookies (the bigger and softer, the better)
my children right when they wake up and smell like sleep
real butter (oh yes - no margarine for me!)
jester hats (the bus driver always starts his day by laughing at me in my kids hat!)
the breeze blowing through my house (especially in the spring)
swings (big ones - where you pump so high you feel like you left the seat!)
sushi (oh, I feel a craving coming on)
fresh baked bread (do you sense a theme - maybe food related?:)
picnics (every day in the summer at the park!)
coffee with friends (as often as possible)
snow (alot of it - not just a few inches)
electricity (I am reminded of this one every time our power goes out!)
Friday nights (when I am not working the weekend)
waffles (every saturday morning)
seasoned mothers who wait to be asked and then offer such valuable advice
friends - the ones who will always be there, no matter how long it has been
worship songs - especially Hillsong (savior king is a favorite right now)
my hubby - he puts up with so much and never complains - I could never replace him!
Okay, day one. What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

good idea! here's a few things i'm thankful for: my hubby and dog, my wonderful parents, the sunshine (none today, but hopefully more soon!), the beach with friends, friends period!, and new blogger friends!

ps - i really think you'll be in the system by tomorrow or at least by, say, tuesday! you were only a few days behind me and V, right?!

Becca Harley said...

oh jenny - I am so afraid to call, because I know that they are going to say no! So I am going to try to wait until next week:) and try to concentrate on being thankful!!! Wish that we lived closer...

crispy said...

Great list...

I am thankful for blogging and fb so I can connect with other adoption families. =)

cris