Sunday, January 31, 2010

Casting

I have been struggling alot this week - yesterday morning was particularly awful. My life verse is Isaiah 40:31 and I have been repeating it over and over again out loud and in my head. "They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall fun and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." I am having trouble with the "wait upon the Lord". I know that His timing is perfect, and that He has chosen our daughter for us since the beginning of time (which, by the way, is incredible to fathom!), and yet I sit here day after day, sometimes hour after hour obsessing about being a number, getting our home study done, analyzing the numbers, etc. I know that those who have never gone through adoption often have a hard time understand the helplessness that I feel, knowing that my daughter is alive, and possibly hungry and lonely half-way across the world. And I know His timing is perfect, but sometimes it is hard to remember! (although I have alot of people who mean well in my life reminding me of this!). So, as I was running today, going through my prayer list, the word "casting" came to mind. and I thought about how the Bible talks about casting, and I figured that the nets that the disciples used to cast over the side were probably not light:). So, I am casting all of this heavy anxiety that I have to our God. and I mean casting, throwing, plummenting toward heaven!

3 comments:

G said...

Hmmm...that's good image.

Thanks for a great night--we all had a lot of fun. :)

Jenny said...

so true! i needed this! i will cast with you!

Jenny said...

thank you! i'm still praying for you to be right behind us!!!