Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's do it again:)

Happy Tuesday!  Was hoping that I would be posting something different today:), but here I am again with another question.  (the eternal optimism of the adoptive mother always amazes me!).  And, let me say now, thank you to those you commented yesterday - I love learning more about you all!  and for those who did not (and I know that you did not because 91 people viewed that page yesterday:) - play with us please!!!!
Okay - today's question is easier - what is your favorite homemade breakfast food?!!
I love love love me some breakfast!  I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner:)  and we often do!
So, my favorite homemade breakfast is my hubby's huge waffles, with real butter and powdered sugar.  oh, they make me happy just thinking about them.  They are the size of my head, and I can easily eat 4 or 5 of them (yep, you read that right!).
Cannot wait to read what your favorites are!
(and if you think about it - please pray for us today.  We are snowed in here in NY for two days with ice/snow, stomach bug is making its way through the house, we all have the cough/stuffy nose thing going on, the kids are going stir crazy - and this momma is way overdue for the phone to ring!  12 months is just too long.....I feel like I am 3 months overdue, waddling around, with every single person I see asking me "you haven't gotten the call yet?  Why not?  when is it coming?" - just like when I was pregnant and as large as a house (yes, my friends, it is true - I was a whale!) and people would say - "you haven't had that baby yet? oh, nope, still kicking around in there (as if the huge belly wasn't enough of a clue:).
I treasure and covet your prayers and sweet notes throughout the day.  So, here's to hoping that tomorrow I will not be bugging you with another question!!!!!

20 comments:

Andrea Young said...

cinnamon toast (I know simple...but I love! Did I even spell cinnamon right??)

Jenny said...

i agree - waffles are pretty awesome! mine are of the vegan version though :-)

erica said...

Hard-boiled egg casserole. It's a favorite at our house, even though it takes awhile to make!

Beth said...

Mine is any kind of sweet bread - pumpkin especially. I'm a sucker for a baked good :)

Jill said...

My brother in law makes the most killer best cinnamon rolls from scratch! Better than anything I have ever had - in fact going to make them this morning! Baking for me sometimes brings some good luck! We are snowed in too!

G said...

Blueberry French Toast Casserole (but for real, donuts!) :)

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast too! We often have breakfast for lunch or supper.
My favorite is scrambled eggs. A tradition in our house is my husband makes a huge breakfast on Sunday mornings, usually pancakes or waffles. My kids love it. If for some reason, we don't have time to make pancakes or waffles my kids are soooo disappointed!!

Sarah said...

My favorite breakfast food are homemade cinnamon rolls. OH the ooey-gooey goodness!!!

Praying for your family today!

Kelly Jo said...

Mine is a toss up between pancakes and good ole biscuits and gravy!!

emily said...

Ooh... A favorite topic of mine! I love swedish pancakes.... Or cinnamon toast... Madecon that awesome Arthur avenue bread(that we make grilled cheese on...)

emily said...

Ooh... A favorite topic of mine! I love swedish pancakes.... Or cinnamon toast... Madecon that awesome Arthur avenue bread(that we make grilled cheese on...)

Kimberly said...

Praying for you still - and really, really hoping a call is in line today!!!

Breakfast - Eggs - creamed eggs over toast, omelettes with bacon, avacado and monterey jack cheese, green chili egg casserole, chicken fried steak and eggs. YUMMO!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

OK so my favorite breakfast food- french toast....which really makes my tummy HAPPY!!!!

PRAYING it will come soon!!!!!

Alison said...

I love muffins...pretty much any kind!! Love breakfast foods too!

jjhall said...

Love anything with sausage and eggs! Praying for you Becca!

Sara K. Parker said...

First of all...I. CAN'T. STAND. THIS. WAIT. I don't know how you are surviving.

Second of all, I love the pics. :)

Third, I did not respond yesterday, but the most adventurous thing I ever did was go on an Adventure Tour in Mexico, where we rapelled 100 feet down into a dark cave of water...and there were bats! :)

As for my favorite homemade breakfast food, I am a sucker for almost every breakfast casserole known to man.

DYING for that call to come.
Love,
me

BB said...

Breakfast casserole.. Trader joes hashbrowns at the bottom, then eggs scrabbled with cilanta, feta & sliced tomatoes.. then back. yumm! Sorry you guys are sick. we have the cough going around here.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Joyce said...

a real spanish tortilla - it's like a frittata with potatoes in it.

chantel said...

Anything with bacon, cooked crispy. It's delicious.

Mama Mimi said...

That is an IMPOSSIBLE question =) Waffles with strawberrie and whipped cream makes my day...but if I'm REALLY not caring about calories (which I often don't) I totally LOVE biscuits and gravy. But I also really like omlettes and cinnamin raison english muffins. Was that helpful? =D IF you can't tell, I love food. =) And breakfast food is AWESOME!

Praying for you every time you cross my mind....which is every time I log online =)