Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another day - another question:)

First - we have power!  at least right now - that could change momentarily:).  Between all the ice and sleet we were prepared to have it go out last night, and we were pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning in a warm house.  Ahh, the little things in life:).
Okay - today's question is easy: high and low.  The kids and I love to play this game with Eric at the supper table, so I thought that we could do it today.
So, what was your high yesterday?  what was the best part of your day?  what made you laugh out loud?!  And then - what was your low?  It is probably easier for many of us to have the lows pop into our head faster than the highs - I know that it is a daily struggle for me.
So, yesterday my high - baking monster cookies with my precious daughter, while watching my two monkeys play monopoly with out fighting (yes, it occasionally happens:).
My low - not having the phone ring, again:(
My verse for today - Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you, oh Lord, my STRENGTH and my Redeemer.
Okay - we had 20 comments yesterday - you all made my day!  Let's see if we can beat that today!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My low yesterday - Having to send the kids their rooms because they were being mean to each other again.

My high - pushing my daughters boyfriends stuck car out of our driveway with my mother. It doesn't sound like a high, but when your mother is dancing in the snow, and you are both laughing like crazy. It made for a great memeorable moment.

Joyce said...

My high - staying within my calories for the day (hummus? who knew it was so filling?)

My low was needing to take a nap due to a lack of sleep the night before - I don't like naps because I feel I am wasting part of the day.

emily said...

High- my husband not having school, which means he was home to spend quality time with Tage!
Low- issue with a student in my class... :(

G said...

low: Toben not taking a nap
high: finishing some tough stuff on my to-do list--now I feel much better! :)

Happy Wednesday! :)

Only one day before we leave!

Kimberly said...

My low - waking up and getting a pinched nerve in my shoulder/neck. This resulted in pain all day, not holding my boys, or doing all the fun things I had thought of for us to do inside - where it's warm!

My high - having such a loving husband who is there to help with anything, and 2 beautiful boys - one who at 3 1/2 years old, laid hands on mommy and prayed that I would get better.

Sarah said...

Low- queasy stomach

High- praying in the van with my kiddos!

Much grace today!!

erica said...

high - I had a little extra time yesterday to read a great book!

low - snow/ice storm that knocked the power out a few times, plus my daughter had the flu and my husband is away on business and might not be able to get home because of the weather. :(

Jill said...

High - yummy chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven

Low - difficult little rascals ALL day!

It is a new day with a much better outlook on EVERYTHING!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

My high- making my goal of not getting upset with the kiddos even though I was running on less sleep- we have the sickies around our home.

My low- being sick- it sinks I hate not being my usual crazy energy self :(

COME ON PHONE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Mimi said...

High - making Monkey smile with a 99cent car at Walmart
Low - being sick and/or not hearing of any referrals yet