Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This FBI thing

okay - so here it is. Another (hopefully short) post about waiting for the stupid FBI prints. I am going to try to be eloquent and explain exactly how it feels! (as eloquent as I ever am). I feel like I am trying to get pregnant. And it is not working. And I am taking a pregnancy test once a week, or recently about every other day. and it is negative. And I know that all I need to do is wait, but that still does not stop me from calling, day after day, hoping to get someone who has a heart softened to adoption. It is also very frustrating to hear from other families that just a few months ago it only took a week. What happened in a few months? No idea - but I am definitely not having a patient week. For those of you wondering, yes I did call today, no we are not in the system and the quite perky individual that I talked to had the audacity to not only tell me not to call back for another 4 weeks, she decided to add on to the 8-10 week waiting time by saying that it takes "10 weeks or more!" Seriously?!! What could be more important than loving on a child that has never felt loved?! Okay, done ranting for the day (maybe:). On to something that I am thankful for - I am so thankful for friends and family who are sooo excited about our adoption and have already welcomed Kyria into their hearts and lives. You all are my rays of sunshine today.

4 comments:

V said...

ditto that.

SIGHHHHH!!

Jenny said...

NOOOOOOOOOO! you're still not in?! okay, i'm not calling b/c between you and V, there's no way we're in either... UGH. this STINKS. and what sucks for me and matt is that there was a bit of confusion on our reading of our planner... the way the planner says you can use EITHER fbi, sbi, or local checks, we thought we were fine with just sbi and local. and our homestudy agency only required sbi... we could have applied for our fbi prints about 3 weeks before we did, but we didn't know... GRRR. oh well. we're waiting for a reason, it just stinks. i want us all to be ON THAT LIST! i want us to just be a number! at least then we're working toward something instead of just standing still :(

crispy said...

So sorry. =(

Waiting on the Lord can be hard sometimes.

Praying for all these families that are waiting.

cris

Becca Harley said...

thanks so much guys!