Friday, April 1, 2011

a little fun!

I know, it has been awhile again:).  I wish that I could say that we have been incredibly busy and that time is flying by, but I cannot.  6 more weeks, or 42 days (which ever sounds shorter:) and we will be in the air flying to Ethiopia!!!  it seems like forever, but I know that the time will go by quickly (at least we hope so!).  But, in the mean time, I have been cooking to fill the time (and add on the pounds, which means that I have taken up running again)!  Here are some pictures from a yummy cake that I made earlier this week - a spaghetti cake.
The "meatballs" are balls of chocolate cake, the "sauce" is strawberry puree, and the "noodles" are yellow colored icing.



 The kids loved it - it was almost as much fun to look at as it was to eat!  then last night I made panang curry - oh so yummy!!  and on the menu today - easter bunny cookies!!!

4 comments:

G said...

Those are some gorgeous pictures!!! YUMMMY!!!!!! :)

Amy said...

It looks so good! Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

Can't wait for you to be in ET holding your child.
Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Amy

chantel said...

I want some... you keep baking and eating... but no running, you know I will appreciate it... and that is really what a true friend would do :)

Mama Mimi said...

I LOVE that you followed through on your ideas (umm YEAH I follow FB ;) and I think it turned out SOO cute! =)