Sunday, March 14, 2010

a fun fundraising adventure

so, I have been praying for awhile about how to raise money for our adoption. I thought about writing a letter to friends and family, t-shirts, selling coffee, etc. But nothing really jumped out at me, or if it did, there are already a lot of people doing it (like the t-shirt idea). So, I was wandering around hobby lobby on friday (Andrea - you started this obsession with your blog last week!) and I found the soap making isle. and I loved it! So, I bought 5 pounds of glycerin, some dyes and fragrances, and two fun molds (zoo animals and bugs) and went home. And saturday morning Noah and I made soap. We had so much fun - he is my artistic one and he loves doing projects. It was great to be able to spend some one-on-one time with him. Anyways, we made 15 bars of peppermint and vanilla soap in about 10 minutes, green and purple and yellow - and they are incredible! So, after mulling it over this weekend, and looking stuff up on line, and talking with eric, we are going to attempt our first fundraiser - homemade soap. I'll post a few pics when I talk the hubby into getting the pics online (he has a specific way he wants them on f spot and I can never remember how to do it:). So, is anyone interested in buying some fun soap? I ordered a bunch of stuff this evening on line and it should be here by friday! new scents - I will have peppermint, vanilla, lavender, snickerdoodle, strawberry, cherry almond, grapefruit, tangerine, and hot apple pie. And tomorrow I am going to experiment with layering and additives! the fun beings! and, if it flops, my friends and family will be receiving a lot of soap for birthdays, Christmas, mother's day, etc:)!!!

4 comments:

G said...

Hot Apple Pie! Sign me up!! :) Seriously... :)

Tif said...

What a great idea! Love it!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great idea.
Blessings,
Amy

Unknown said...

I'll take an order. :)
Jonathan Meyer