Wednesday, March 10, 2010

awestruck


I am truly awestruck by our awe-inspiring, magnificent, life orchestrating God. Only our God could give me peace when I would usually be over the top anxious. Only our God could give me excitement when I would usually be in tears. We received an email yesterday from our agency telling us about a conference call today concerning changes in Ethiopia's adoption policies. The long and short of it is - 1. the US embassy will be carefully scrutinizing adoption cases before travel visas - which they have always been able to do, but in light of recent media coverage of Ethiopian adoptions they are going to be more careful. 2. We get to travel to Ethiopia twice. Notice I said get. Yes, you read correctly. I am sure that I will have days were I will not be excited about this, but now I am truly excited to travel twice. Many reasons - here are a few: we get to meet our daughter weeks before we thought we would (2-3 weeks after our referral instead of 6-8 weeks after referral), Eric and I get to travel internationally twice in a few months (something that we love to do - travel:)- but have not since the kiddos came along, and we get to soak in much more of Ethiopia than we would with just one trip! The financial side is daunting, as well as leaving my three kiddos here in the states for two weeks instead of one, but I know that this will all work out - we serve a very wealthy God:), and He will provide. Many times in the Bible God lays out His heart for the orphan and widow - and I believe that the changes that Ethiopia has made to their adoption process will only continue to safeguard the well being of the children that have been put up for adoption. Yes, this makes it harder, and longer, and more expensive, but we never thought this road would be easy, and the end result is the same - our daughter will be in our arms!! I am also truly amazed with the integrity, openness and love that our agency has shown in the past few weeks - we are so blessed to be in this journey with such amazing people. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

there are DEFINITELY great parts about traveling twice, huh?! the more i think about it the better it gets... i just DON'T want to say goodbye that first time...

G said...

Love it, Becca. What an encouraging post, too. :) Just trying to get perspective on the leaving part...--it will come. :)

Andrea Young said...

LOVE your attitude and heart!!!! Ahhh...to be surrounded by people like you:). XOXO!!! Praying for our journeys friend!!! Blessed to be on this journey with your sweet family!