Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Journey to 6


Our journey to six - six what? Six people in our family = four children! And no, in answer to your first question - I am not pregnant! We have started on the journey of adoption - a journey that started over ten years ago. We have been praying about this since before we were married, praying for God's timing and His heart for one that He created for us. For those of you who know me - this is a daunting task. The two things that I abhor most in life are the post office and the bank - I can count on one hand the number of times that I have stepped into both:). And yet, here we are, embarking on a journey that takes me weekly, if not daily!, into both of these establishments. As if that were not enough, the paperwork makes me want to crawl into a dark hole. Yet, I am pressing on, with the knowledge that a piece of my heart, a member of our family, is out there waiting for me, for us. I am not a "blogger", so this site will be simple. We simply wanted a way for those we love to join us daily as we follow God's heart towards our daughter. God placed Ethiopia on my heart awhile ago, and we have found an agency (All God's Children, AGCI) that has an orphanage in Ethiopia named Hannah's Hope (such a God thing - the orphanage was named after the first baby that started AGCI and her name was Hannah Elizabeth - which is our Hannah's name!). We are so excited to "be six", as Noah puts it!

5 comments:

G said...

Harleys! Yeah! Oh, can not wait to meet the newest Harley! ;)

Deana said...

This is sooo exciting! Will be keeping you all in my prayers!

Unknown said...

So excited to have another niece to spoil! We will be praying for every step of the process - love you all.

V said...

yay for starting a blog! :)

Esther Toppin said...

You know we are praying for you. Will do all we can to help!