Wednesday, December 16, 2009

more stuff to check off the list!


So, after a fun-filled morning with awesome friends, we spent 1 hour at the bank getting all the paperwork notarized. And then the post office. The two places that I am terrified of! But - I did it! I can now say that after living in NY for 3.5 years, I have finally stepped into a bank!:) The contacts, agreements, checks, etc are all being over-nighted and once AGCI receives them they will send us more paperwork! Yeah! One more step towards our girl.......
(the picture is of a sunset from our deck this summer!)

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Hi Becca! It's nice to "meet you." Thanks so much for sharing in our joy about our new son! I love the name of your blog and look forward to reading your posts and enjoying more of your beautiful photos.

On a side note, your name holds a special place in my heart. Becca was the English name our Chinese daughter was given by her orphanage. :-)

Merry Christmas!

Becca Harley said...

thanks for the comment. It is so uplifting to hear about other family's journey with AGCI - I cannot wait to be able to put a face to the ache in my heart!
Did you keep your daughter's name? Did you adopt her through AGCI too?
(this is probably on your blog, but to be honest right now I am so focused on getting as much paperwork done as fast as possible - I probably read it and promptly forgot!
Have a very blessed Christmas - do you have your Gotcha day yet?

Jenny said...

yay! another AGCI family!!! we're fairly early in our ethiopian adoption through AGCI as well :-)