Wednesday, December 23, 2009

patience

Patience is not in my list of virtues. Ever. When I decide to do something, I have already thought it through and it is time. Now. Period. Like when I decide to cut my hair. It has to be cut that day. So, this week God is refiningme, to give me a new virtue - patience. I am trying! Our dossier, full of the rest of the paperwork and workbooks that we need to complete before we can get on the list for a referral, was sent from Oregon last Thursday, two day mail. I had them send it to my parent's house, because we are going to be here for ten days. Of course - I had it all planned out in my head. We could do the workbook, sort through the paperwork, write our autobiographies, etc. All here in Richmond, with willing babysitters and eric off of work. Is that happening? Nope. No dossier. Almost a week late. I am trying to be patient - but I check the front porch and the mailbox almost hourly. My life verse has always been Isaiah 40:31 - and more and more these days God is showing me why He placed that verse upon my heart. "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint". I am waiting upon the Lord, for His timing.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

boo! i'm sorry :( i hope it comes soon... we sound like kindred spirits! waiting is NOT one of my strong points and when i know something is coming, i STALK the mailbox!

V said...

haha ditto the patience thing, once I make up my mind it had to be done, yesterday!