Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day





First - to my mother. You are my best friend, the one I go to when I need encouragement, you constantly motivate to be my best/do my best, you unconditionally love me (even when I am losing it!), you give me a beautiful example of pure love - through your love of Christ and your love of your family. You gave me life, and so much more. Words can never express how much you mean to me - I am who I am today because of you.
Second - to all the mother's who have been and are a part of my life. You are what keep me going when my monkeys are being monkeys:). You encourage me, with simple calls, hugs, and your presence. You make me smile when I see your number on my phone. You listen to me cry, laugh, whine, and rejoice. You share your life with me, and I with you.
Third - to Kyria's mother/father/family. My heart is heavy for the first time on Mother's Day. Thinking of a completely different way of life, of living day to day. Of hunger. Of uncertainty. Oh, my heart aches for all the mothers who have chosen life for their children, even though that life may not be with them.
Mothers- such a simple word - heavy with meaning. My heart is blessed by being a mother, and by the presence of so many wonderful mommies and mommies-to-be in my life! Today I am celebrating you!!!

3 comments:

G said...

Beautiful...

Jenny said...

what would we do w/o our moms?! i hope i'm half the mom my mother is!

Esther Toppin said...

Sorry I did not read this sooner. Because you do not write every day, I do not read every day. Let me just say that being a mom is one of the greatest privileges God has given me. I love being a mom even on the hard days. To be able to help shape a life is awesome.