Monday, May 17, 2010

a fun weekend

Eric parents were here this weekend, and we took the opportunity to go into NYC for the day (I use any and every excuse that I can - I love the city!). We decided to drive this time (instead of taking the train) and found a FREE parking spot on the west side of central park. From there we walked to the subway, bought our usual day pass, and meandered on to Times Square. Let me just say - I love the city!! I love riding the subway, and people watching. Where else in the USA can you see families sightseeing to grungy teenagers to corporate execs to women dressed to go to a fancy party - all in one place?!!! I love it!!! and my kids definitely take after their mother - they love it too! So, off to a deli that eric found on-line: Ben's deli. it was fabulous. Huge over-stuffed sandwiches, plenty of room, good service - and all the kids ate!~! Yes, you read correctly - even hannah! Glory-be! after lunch we walked through Times Square to Toys'r'us - and of course we had to take Grandma and Grandpa on the four story ferris wheel! I think that I like it as much as the kids:). Then on to central park - to the zoo (we are members of the bronx zoo, so we get free admission to the central park zoo too!). It is the perfect zoo for the kids - it takes about an hour to go through - just in time for the kids to start whining about spiderman popsicles:). and just in case you were wondering - spiderman popsicles are sooooo much better than the spongebob ones!!!:). After ice cream:), we rode a few subways and found our way back to our car, and the children were oh so quiet all the way home! It was a perfect day! So, my blogging friends - anytime any of you decide you want to venture over here - I would love to have an excuse to people watch again:).

1 comment:

G said...

Totally need to travel with my foody friends sometime. :)