Thursday, December 16, 2010

His perfect peace

oh my sweet friends - thank you all so much for the prayers that were lifted up for us this week.  Tuesday and wednesday were such bad days, full of anxiety and impatience.  But He makes each day new - and even up with Jadon at 4:30 - I could tell that today was going to be a blessed day.  I love waking up early and going downstairs to a quiet house.  I started a fire, brewed a cup of tea, and read a book.  For 90 minutes.  Just me.  No noise, no distractions, no whining, no fighting - you get the picture.  I prayed - for His peace to come over me today, that I would not be anxious but that I would enjoy just today.  And not worry about tomorrow.  or the next day.  or Christmas without a referral.  And today is such a good day.  I feel at peace.  Finally.  This is not to say that tomorrow will not be a bad day - because odds are it will be.  But today is full of blessings.  Hanging out with close friends (Emily and Gini - I am amazed that you put up with me:), eating cookies (my favorite food), cuddling with my kiddos before school, a rheumatologist appointment for me that did not require any more blood to be taken ( yeah me!), a daughter sleeping in her bed.  Thank you for this peaceful day

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

So glad to hear it! Love the power of prayer.

Alison said...

Yay for a peace that comes from above!!