Monday, March 11, 2019

Waiting



I am not a patient person.  At all.  I have always found it ironic that the life verse that I choose years ago speaks about waiting (Isaiah 40:31) - I am positive that God has a sense of humor!  Anyways, I hate waiting.  Over the past few years I have been working on trying to enjoy the journey, and not hurry to the finish.  Now, more than ever, I am struggling in the wait.  Will her new medication work?  How soon?  If it doesn't what next?  Every day I look at her fingers and heels, and nothing has changed.  In fact, her fingers are progressively getting worse.  So we wait.  And I attempt to not be consumed with questions, worry, and anxiety. 



I will trust in You.  We will wait for Your healing.  I will look for the little things that you send each day, reminders that you are in control.  

She woke up this morning and was only a little stiff walking.

She was able to balance on her left foot for 30 seconds yesterday - two years ago she couldn't stand on that foot alone at all.

She played with friends yesterday without needing medicine for pain.

She walked into school with a smile today.

She is home.

Simple reminders.  But they are filled with hope and healing. 

1 comment:

Sheri Reget said...

Every day Rebecca. Find the blessings every day. I don't know how people get through these things who do not know our God in heaven, Father, Creator. He knows how many hairs are on her head, and on yours. "My God shall provide all you need, according to His riches in Glory." (is that right? I'm kind of guessing!) My own Rebecca, if you ask her about her arthritis, will tell you that she knows she would not have the relationship she does with Jesus without it. She would have chosen other things and been a very busy girl. Instead, she leaned in hard to Him for strength in the pain and looked to Him for a new path as the things she loved kept being taken away, like soccer and cartwheels, running fast and rock walls, etc., etc., etc. Big hugs and prayers for you all!!!